March 12, 2020
As you know last weekend I spoke about the corona/COVID-19 virus and the steps we were taking to help prevent the spread of this virus. We have been monitoring the situation and also been in contact with the Bishops Office.
Here are the changes that will be effective today:
- We are suspending distribution of the Chalice/cup at Mass
- Holy water containers have been removed at the entrances. The baptismal font will still be available.
- The Sacristans at daily Mass will put out the hosts.
- All parishioners should take proper measures to practice good hygiene which includes hand washing.
- We have increased the cleaning in both the Church and Ministry Center, paying extra close attention to “touch” surfaces (door handles, light switches, etc.)
- Both balconies will be open during weekend Masses for people to spread out.
- Bathrooms will always be stocked with soap and paper towels for hand washing.
Please remember, if you or a member of your family is ill, or even experiencing symptoms of illness, you are not obligated to attend Mass. We are asking for you to use good judgment and concern for others regarding coughing, sneezing, keeping surfaces clean and the shaking of hands.
No one should feel obliged to shake hands. While it is the customary form of the greeting of peace, it is not the only form. It is sufficient simply to turn and offer a sincere expression such as “peace be with you” for example.
We will monitor other guidelines/restrictions that may be put in place by our Diocese and/or State and Local officials. We will stay vigilant at monitoring any updates and will communicate them to you as soon as possible.
If you are ill and unable to attend Mass please check the Catholic Times for the radio and TV Mass Schedule.
We also have been in contact with our KC Council 10941 and the decision was made that this Fridays Fish Fry, March 13th will be cancelled. Below is the statement that was issued by the Grand Knight Steve Maxwell, Council 10941:
With the Coronavirus being elevated to pandemic level as you can imagine everyone is on high alert. After discussion with Father Denis and Church Staff it has been determined that our fish fry for 3/13 must be CANCELLED to put our community and members first. Future fish fries are continually being evaluated and more communication will be sent out when available. I appreciate everyone understanding the adjustments we have to make in order to manage this pandemic outbreak and make sure our community is first priority. Remember to wash your hands!!
Fr. Denis Kigozi
Posted on Thu, Mar 12, 2020
Changes to Mass
No messages have been posted.
You must first create an account to post.