Seeking Person to Serve as our High School Youth Minister
Employment Opportunity for High School Youth Minster
I. JOB SUMMARY
The Youth Minister has responsibility for directing the parish pastoral ministry to parishioners, grades 9- 12. The position is expected to use personal judgment in carrying out routine duties and responsibilities of the Parish. This position will require flexibility in hours which will include evenings and weekends.
This job description reflects management's assignment of essential job responsibilities; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. All the duties and standards within this job description will be performed according to the established policies, procedures and guidelines outlined in the Diocesan policy and procedures manuals.
II. ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct and coordinate Religious Education program for the Parish, grades 9 – 12. This includes weekly ministry during the school year, retreats, social activities and service projects.
- Design/coordinate program to prepare students for the Sacrament of Confirmation.
- Assist in preparation of and manage the high school youth ministry budget.
- Coordinate program to prepare students for admittance to the Church through the Christian Initiation of Youth program.
- Recruit, train, and supervise a core team of adult and youth leaders/ volunteers to support all programs and events according to the Diocese of Columbus Protecting God’s Children policy.
- Publish scheduled events through various media platforms as appropriate and according to policies of the Parish and Diocese.
- Consult Pastor in reviewing materials and designing programs.
- Develop and maintain a master calendar of all high school student ministry events.
- Regular attendance and punctuality is essential for this job.
- Meet regularly with adult leaders. Assist and encourage team members in vision and skill to perform their roles as leaders, ensuring quality and relevance.
- Provides pastoral guidance to high school youth and parents as needed on individual basis and helps high school youth and parents find professional referrals when needed.
- Work in close collaboration with Parish Religious Education, and other parish programs.
- Participate and share in community, deanery and diocesan ministry for high school youth.
- Act as liaison between the parish and the Diocese for youth and young adult ministry.
- Educate and inform the parish leadership as well as the parish community concerning the youth ministry and the primary role the community plays in that process.
- Remain in contact with other youth ministers in the diocese.
- Maintain membership and participation in appropriate National, Regional, and Diocesan organizations as required.
- When applicable, support and promote young adult ministry initiatives in the parish or connect young adults to Deanery and Diocesan programs.
- Other Duties as assigned
III. POSITION QUALIFICATIONS
Required: Compliance with BCI&I background checks and completion of Protecting God's Children program; Roman Catholic in good standing in the Church.
Education: BS or BA required in theology or religious education or other relevant degree. Master’s Degree is preferred. Certification in youth ministry from the Diocese or an accredited national youth ministry program is required.
Experience: 3 to 5 years youth ministry experience or similar experience is required; familiarity with youth ministry principles and dimensions of youth ministry is preferred; proven administrative skills including interpersonal relations, conflict resolution, management and supervision, budget preparation and collaborative minister.
Job Related Skills: Project planning and tracking skills, budget preparation and tracking skills, along with the ability to multitask are mandatory for this position. Solid understanding of youth ministry principles and practices along with youth ministry experience on the parish and diocesan level are mandatory. Strong writing skills, excellent speaking and teaching skills, along with the ability to speak to a diverse audience from priests, to parents, to young people is required. Computer, audio/visual, and video production skills are all necessary in creating youth ministry programs on large scale.
Interpersonal Skills: The ability to work with others in a collaborative team environment.
Language skills: Strong oral and written communication skills are required; ability to read and comprehend instructions, write correspondence, and memos.
Working Environment:The ability to maintain all information highly confidential. Regular evening and weekend work hours required.
Compensation is commensurate with candidate’s education and experience.
Please send resumes, with references, to Suzanne Larson, Church of the Resurrection Business Manager, 6300 E. Dublin Granville Rd, New Albany, OH 43054 or at email@example.com
Posted on Wed, Apr 17, 2019
No messages have been posted.
You must first create an account to post.