Person to Perform Custodial and Light Maintenance Duties Needed
Custodian/Light Maintenance - Full time
Church of the Resurrection is hiring for general custodial and light maintenance. This position will support the parish, and all Church of the Resurrection facilities. Applicants must have a high school diploma or equivalent and ability to work independently. Qualified candidates must have previous custodial experience. Must also have the ability to lift up to 50 pounds and to perform all physical aspects of the position.
Schedule is Wednesday – Sunday (and is subject to change depending on activities.)
Job offer is contingent on the successful passing of the mandatory background screening (both BCI&I and FBI) and completion of the VIRTUS “Protecting God’s Children” program. Practicing Catholic is preferred
We offer a competitive pay rate, paid time off and a full complement of benefits, including health, dental, vision. We are a smoke free and drug free workplace.
Applications/resumes to Suzanne Larson, Business Manager, Church of the Resurrection 6300 E Dublin Granville Rd New Albany OH 43054 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline to apply is March 17, 2019
CHURCH OF THE RESURRECTION
Job Title: Custodian/Maintenance Written/Revised: 2/1/19
Parish: Church of the Resurrection FLSA Code: Non-Exempt (Hourly)
Responsible to: Facilities Supervisor and Business Manager Pay Range: $15.50-19.00/hr
I. J OB SUMMARY
Maintain a clean and safe working environment for all staff and visitors by personally performing the following essential job responsibilities.
This job description reflects management's assignment of essential job responsibilities; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. All the duties and standards within this job description will be performed according to the established policies, procedures and guidelines outlined by the Parish, Diocese, and Canonical Law.
II. ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Clean and sanitize bathrooms. Re-fill soap and hand towel supply dispensers.
- Clean, mop, wash, buff, and vacuum floors in all buildings according to a schedule or based on need.
- Moves cabinets, boxes, furniture, crates and equipment to clean areas.
- Ensure room set ups & take downs are complete according to schedule.
- Empty trash and move recycling materials to the proper receptacles.
- Maintain outside walk areas including sweeping debris, washing walkways, shoveling snow, and prepping icy areas. This work should be done in accordance with church schedules so the walk areas can be safely navigated.
- Maintain landscape as instructed, which may include mowing, weeding and raking.
- Cleaning and dusting of areas in both buildings
- Clean windows, fountains and all glass on doors.
- Report to the Facilities Supervisor any supplies to be ordered.
- Sometimes using ladders, dusts and washes walls, cleans ceilings and dusts and polishes light fixtures. Washes and replaces blinds.
- Responsible for keeping Church supplies stocked, which may include candles and liturgical material.
- Regular attendance and punctuality is essential for this job.
- All other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or G.E.D. certificate.
- Previous custodial experience.
- Must feel comfortable with working in a team environment consisting of Church of the Resurrection employees and outside contractors.
- Required to use considerable judgment when performing and planning to perform tasks.
- Must be motivated and able to work independently.
- Must comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- Must successfully pass BCI&I and FBI background checks. Must also attend a Protecting God’s Children class.
III. Physical Requirements
- Heavy lifting and considerable moving of equipment required. Exerting 50 to 100 pounds of force occasionally and/or 25 to 50 pounds of force frequently and/or 10 to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Must be able to safely climb ladders and carry objects up to 25 pounds.
- Must be able to work independently with all power tools and power equipment.
IV. Personal Protective Equipment:
- Safety Glasses required while performing certain tasks.
V. Work Environment:
- Exposed to a combination of normal office type environments and shop environments.
- Exposed to dust, odors, oil, fumes and noise.
- We are a drug free and smoke free workplace.
- Due to the nature of the role, it may be necessary to change shifts or schedules to accommodate the needs of the parish community we serve. Adequate notice will be given for changes.
This Job Description indicates the general nature and level of work and responsibility of a person in this role. It is not a comprehensive list and the employee may be asked to perform similar or related duties.
III. OTHER POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
- Complies with federal, state and local safety laws.
- Maintains a neat and safe work area.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
IV. POSITION QUALIFICATIONS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required: Compliance with BCI&I background checks and completion of Protecting God's Children program.
Education: High School diploma or G.E.D. certificate required
Experience: Previous custodian experience and light maintenance is preferred
Job Related Skills: This position requires frequent movement about the Church Campus to complete the essential job responsibilities as outlined above.
Interpersonal Skills: Ability to be a team player and have harmonious relationship skills when dealing with co-workers and other parish employees, families and the general public.
Posted on Fri, Feb 15, 2019
Custodian/Maintenance Person Needed
No messages have been posted.
You must first create an account to post.