Young at Heart Seniors Ministry
Joining Young at Heart, if you are age 55 or older, is an enriching, educational and pro-active experience that is right for you. Each month you are welcome to join with us at First Friday Mass and breakfast, also at a fun-filled luncheon or at an occasional off-campus event.
- After Mass, the First Friday breakfasts (each month), provide an opportunity to chat with others, to eat home-cooked potluck food, and to experience a true sharing experience.
- The luncheons, on the third Wednesday of each month (September through May), are casual and engaging. They are potluck style and always include delicious food and desserts. Joining with us you will experience senior togetherness in an easy friendly atmosphere. The luncheons programs also feature guest speakers, activities, or special holiday treats.
- Group outing events are designed for your enjoyment and can include excursions, day-long events, or attendance at a variety of entertainment venues.
What benefit in belonging to Young at Heart is there for me?
Associating with fellow seniors, sharing common social, community, religious experiences and values.
What is the cost and the time commitment?
Costs? None. There are no dues, fees or formal appeals. The time? The Mass and breakfast on First Friday starts in the Chapel at 9 am with a free potluck breakfast available following in the Ministry Center. The luncheons, also free of charge, start at Noon and last ‘till approximately 2:15 pm.
Joining Young at Heart demands a lot of my time, right?
No. Only as much as you personally want to give, to be involved in and wish to take part.
Is Young at Heart an activity that runs all year?
Each month all year First Friday Masses and breakfasts are available. Monthly luncheons are held from September through May. Other activities including local or area tours and day-long trips; some occasional events also take place during the summer months.
Tom Kolda, General Chair
George Schneider, Assistant General Chair
Frank Barone, Chair, Travel/Transport
Toni Carozza, Chair, Membership/Hospitality
Marie Ditillio, Emeritus Chair
Barb Flanagan, Chair, Luncheon Programs
Suanne Gettings, Chair, Finance, Pastoral Liaison
Renee Ihle, Chair, Decorations
Mary Immer, Chair, Prayerful Greetings, Resources
Gail Kolda, Administrative Assistant
John Lesosky, Culinary Coordinator
Dale Maxwell, Chair, Breakfast Programs, Sports Venues
Martha Smith, Young At Heart Welcome
Deacon John DuPrey, Young At Heart Chaplain
You won't want to miss these events!
- JANUARY 28, MONDAY. EXEC. COMMITTEE meeting. 1 PM. Ministry Center. Rm. 103.
- FEBRUARY 1, FIRST FRIDAY, 9 AM MASS, OLR CHAPEL AT CHURCH. Mass and birthday blessings for February. Breakfast after at the Ministry Center. Please bring 8-10 servings of your favorite winter breakfast to share.
- FEBRUARY 20, WEDNESDAY LUNCHEON, 12:00 Noon. MINISTRY CENTER. Program: ANNUAL POKER WALK. Led by YAH member Joe Allgeier with prizes for winners! Last names beginning with the following letters please bring 8-10 dishes to serve/share: Bread or Desserts Q-Z; Vegetables A-D; Casseroles E-K; and, Salads L-P. No raffle.
- FEBRUARY 25, MONDAY, EXEC. COMMITTEE meeting. 1 PM. Ministry Center. Rm. 103.
- MARCH 1, FIRST FRIDAY, 9 AM MASS, OLR CHAPEL AT CHURCH. Mass and birthday blessings for March. Breakfast after at the Ministry Center. Please bring 8-10 servings of your favorite breakfast to share.
- MARCH 20, WEDNESDAY LUNCHEON, 12:00 Noon. MINISTRY CENTER. Program: The Celts and St. Patrick, talk by Anita Davidson, Spiritual Director & Retreat Leader. Last names with the following letters please bring 8-10 dishes to serve/share: Bread or Desserts L-P; Vegetables Q-Z; Casseroles A-D; and, Salads E-K. Raffle following. $1 each ticket.
- MARCH 25, MONDAY, EXEC. COMMITTEE meeting. 1 PM. Ministry Center. Rm. 103.
- MARCH 27, 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM. OHIO STATE HOUSE TOUR. Led by YAH member, Jim Noe, Tour Guide/State House Volunteer. More info. later.