Young at Heart Seniors Ministry
Joining Young at Heart, if you are age 55 or older, is an enriching, educational and pro-active experience that is right for you. Each month you are welcome to join with us at First Friday Mass and breakfast, also at a fun-filled luncheon or at an occasional off-campus event.
- After Mass, the First Friday breakfasts (each month), provide an opportunity to chat with others, to eat home-cooked potluck food, and to experience a true sharing experience.
- The luncheons, on the third Wednesday of each month (September through May), are casual and engaging. They are potluck style and always include delicious food and desserts. Joining with us you will experience senior togetherness in an easy friendly atmosphere. The luncheons programs also feature guest speakers, activities, or special holiday treats.
- Group outing events are designed for your enjoyment and can include excursions, day-long events, or attendance at a variety of entertainment venues.
What benefit in belonging to Young at Heart is there for me?
Associating with fellow seniors, sharing common social, community, religious experiences and values.
What is the cost and the time commitment?
Costs? None. There are no dues, fees or formal appeals. The time? The Mass and breakfast on First Friday starts in the Chapel at 9 am with a free potluck breakfast available following in the Ministry Center. The luncheons, also free of charge, start at Noon and last ‘till approximately 2:15 pm.
Joining Young at Heart demands a lot of my time, right?
No. Only as much as you personally want to give, to be involved in and wish to take part.
Is Young at Heart an activity that runs all year?
Each month all year First Friday Masses and breakfasts are available. Monthly luncheons are held from September through May. Other activities including local or area tours and day-long trips; some occasional events also take place during the summer months.
Tom Kolda, General Chair
George Schneider, Assistant General Chair
Frank Barone, Chair, Travel/Transport
Toni Carozza, Chair, Membership/Hospitality
Marie Ditillio, Emeritus Chair
Barb Flanagan, Chair, Luncheon Programs
Suanne Gettings, Chair, Finance, Pastoral Liaison
Renee Ihle, Chair, Decorations
Mary Immer, Chair, Prayerful Greetings, Resources
Gail Kolda, Administrative Assistant
John Lesosky, Culinary Coordinator
Dale Maxwell, Chair, Breakfast Programs, Sports Venues
Martha Smith, Young At Heart Welcome
Deacon John DuPrey, Young At Heart Chaplain
You Won't Want to Miss These Events!
• NOVEMBER 20, WEDNESDAY, THANKSGIVING Lunch. MILITARY SALUTES, HONOR FLIGHT. Mark Gaskill, “YOUR HIT PARADE – The War Years 1940-1945.” Turkey provided by Young At Heart. Last names with the following letters please bring 8-10 servings to share: Bread or Desserts L-P; Vegetables Q-Z; Soups,Casseroles A-D; and Salads E-K. Raffle following. $1 each ticket.
• NOVEMBER 25, MONDAY, EXEC. COMMITTEE MEETING. 1 PM. Ministry Center. Rm. 103.
• NOVEMBER 28, THURSDAY. HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
• DECEMBER 5, THURSDAY. A YOUNG AT HEART MEMBER TRIP. Board bus Ministry Cntr. 8:30 am; return by 7:00 pm. $73 ea. SIGN UP OFFICE, PAY NOW, LIMITED # OF SEATS LEFT. See Details Below
•DECEMBER 6, FRIDAY, FIRST FRIDAY, 9:00 MASS, OLR CHAPEL at CHURCH with Birthday Blessings for DECEMBER. Breakfast afterwards at Ministry Center. Please bring 8-10 servings of your favorite December breakfast to share.
•DECEMBER 18, WEDNESDAY, MERRY CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON. NOON, MINISTRY CENTER. Seasonal music by Parish Director of Music Thom Wyatt. Meal includes Ham provided by Young At Heart. Last names with the following letters please bring 8-10 servings to share: Bread of Desserts – E-K; Vegetables – L-P; Casseroles – Q-Z; and Salads – A-D. Raffle following. $1.00 each ticket.
THE CHRISTMAS TREE SHIP
Star Theatre Musical, Amish Lunch, Limited Shopping SUGARCREEK, OHIO
In 1912, a little schooner, carrying 5000 Northern Michigan Christmas trees for sale in Chicago, hits a vicious storm. It went down, yielding a Great Lakes timeless tale for all who love Christmas traditions and stories. This is a heartwarming story about the Christmas Tree Ship and its crew based on true events.