Perpetual Eucharistic Adoration
Behold I am with you always.
We exist to provide an atmosphere of silence where one can encounter the Eucharistic Lord with reverent awe.
We exist to encourage prayer before the Blessed Sacrament so that every hour of every day someone in our parish would be before the Blessed Sacrament praying for our Church and our world in adoration and holy silence.
We exist to encourage Adorers to grow in holiness and in their understanding and practice of prayer.
Understood simply, Eucharistic Adoration is adoring or honouring the Eucharistic Presence of Christ. In a deeper sense, it involves "the contemplation of the Mystery of Christ truly present before us".
During Eucharistic Adoration, we "watch and wait", we remain "silent" in His Presence and open ourselves to His Graces which flow from the Eucharist ... By worshiping the Eucharistic Jesus, we become what God wants us to be! Like a magnet, The Lord draws us to Himself and gently transforms us.
In its fullest essence ... Eucharistic Adoration is "God and Man reaching out for each other, at the same time!"
In the silence of this holy place my soul listens to the voice of God who speaks without sound imprinting within my being…
His indelible mark of love
His wisdom soaks into me and lights my way
His nearness brings comfort.
I am lifted beyond myself until I lose sight of all I am and all I know, entering mysteries unknown to me carried by love into love.
It is here that I linger in delight for uncountable moments
and like a newborn … I begin to see a little more clearly
and understand what to my soul has been veiled.
It is here that I encounter Infinite Greatness in the hidden presence of My God
Ilona Frances Weise
Please contact the church office for questions (614-855-1400 or firstname.lastname@example.org)
(1) Check your schedule and see if there is an hour during the week during which you could spend time in the physical Presence of the Lord. If there is, contact John Hodges at the email and phone number below and arrange to have that be your special hour with the Lord. However, even if you don’t think you can commit to a full hour, or don’t think you can do it every week, please come to the Chapel (it is unlocked during regular business hours) and be in His holy Presence.
(2) Join us for monthly Eucharistic Exposition and Adoration from 12 – 4 PM in Our Lady of Resurrection Chapel on the following dates in 2020:
- January 19
- February 16
- March 15
- April 19 (Divine Mercy Sunday)
- May 17
- June 14 (Corpus Christi)
- July 19
- August 16
- September 20
- October 18
- November 15
- December 20
Watch the Bulletin for more details on these special Sunday afternoons of worship and reverence.
(3) Watch for special additional periods of Exposition and Adoration during Lent, Easter season, and Advent and come to the Reservation Chapel during those opportunities.
During Lent, there will be Exposition in the Reservation Chapel continuously from 9:30 AM on Thursday mornings until 6:30 PM on the following Friday – 33 hours of Exposition and Adoration, every week of Lent until Holy Week. You can come anytime during those 33 hours, or you can volunteer to be a Guardian of the Eucharist for a specific hour. Guardians of the Eucharist make a firm commitment to be present for one hour or more during this period of Exposition.
There will also be a different form of Adoration with Exposition after Easter and during Advent. Please watch the bulletin for details.
(4) Help with our quarterly Reservation Chapel cleaning at 9:30 AM on the following Saturdays in 2020:
March 28, June 13, September 19, and December 12.
(5) Become a member of the Perpetual Eucharistic Adoration Ministry Core Team. Please contact the church office (614-855-1400 or email@example.com)