Perpetual Eucharistic Adoration
Behold I am with you always.
Advent Adoration with Exposition
Eucharistic Guardians Needed
During this Advent Season, we will have Adoration with Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament in the Reservation Chapel each Thursday, beginning December 6 and continuing on December 13 and 20. The hours of Exposition will begin after 9 AM Mass on Thursday morning and continue non-stop until 11 PM that evening – approximately 13 ½ hours of continuous Exposition.
Out of respect for the exposed Blessed Sacrament, we are seeking to have ADORERS who will act as Guardians of the Eucharist...which means that you will guarantee to be there for the hour(s) for which you commit. We will need at least 2 Guardians for every hour of Exposition. Our Lord cannot be left in Exposition alone, so it is important that you be present for your hour or obtain a substitute if you cannot make your committed hour.
This is a wonderful opportunity to come and pray – or sit in reverent silence – in the physical presence of our Lord. We especially encourage adorers to select a specific hour to which they can commit for all three Advent Thursdays. However, even if you can only do one time slot, that is fine and we would appreciate your commitment.
To sign up, please contact John Hodges at firstname.lastname@example.org or call him at (614) 395-1739.
We exist to provide an atmosphere of silence where one can encounter the Eucharistic Lord with reverent awe.
We exist to encourage prayer before the Blessed Sacrament so that every hour of every day someone in our parish would be before the Blessed Sacrament praying for our Church and our world in adoration and holy silence.
We exist to encourage Adorers to grow in holiness and in their understanding and practice of prayer.
Understood simply, Eucharistic Adoration is adoring or honouring the Eucharistic Presence of Christ. In a deeper sense, it involves "the contemplation of the Mystery of Christ truly present before us".
During Eucharistic Adoration, we "watch and wait", we remain "silent" in His Presence and open ourselves to His Graces which flow from the Eucharist ... By worshiping the Eucharistic Jesus, we become what God wants us to be! Like a magnet, The Lord draws us to Himself and gently transforms us.
In its fullest essence ... Eucharistic Adoration is "God and Man reaching out for each other, at the same time!"
In the silence of this holy place my soul listens to the voice of God who speaks without sound imprinting within my being…
His indelible mark of love
His wisdom soaks into me and lights my way
His nearness brings comfort.
I am lifted beyond myself until I lose sight of all I am and all I know, entering mysteries unknown to me carried by love into love.
It is here that I linger in delight for uncountable moments
and like a newborn … I begin to see a little more clearly
and understand what to my soul has been veiled.
It is here that I encounter Infinite Greatness in the hidden presence of My God
Ilona Frances Weise
How Can I Participate?
(1) Check your schedule and see if there is an hour during the week during which you could spend time in the physical Presence of the Lord. If there is, contact John Hodges at the email and phone number below and arrange to have that be your special hour with the Lord. However, even if you don’t think you can commit to a full hour, or don’t think you can do it every week, please come to the Chapel (it is unlocked during regular business hours) and be in His holy Presence.
(2) Join us for Eucharistic Exposition and Adoration from 12 – 4 PM in Our Lady of Resurrection Chapel on the following dates in 2018:
April 8 (Divine Mercy Sunday)
June 3 (Corpus Christi)
Watch the Bulletin for more details on these special Sunday afternoons of worship and reverence.
(3) Watch for special additional periods of Exposition and Adoration during Lent and Advent and come to the Reservation Chapel during those opportunities.
(4) Help with our quarterly Reservation Chapel cleaning at 9:30 AM on the following Saturdays in 2018:
March 17, June 9, September 8, and December 8.
(5) Become a member of the Perpetual Eucharistic Adoration Ministry Core Team. Contact Fran Weise or John Hodges for more details.