Habitat for Humanity Ministry
Please consider being part of our build crew on Saturday August 24th!
Help Habitat Ministry build one of two new homes that are sponsored by Church of the Resurrection from 8:30AM - 4:00PM. There is no experience necessary! Tasks will vary and our helpful site leads will teach you everything you need to know! You must be 16 years or older (and accompanied by an adult 21 or over if you are under 18) to volunteer. Come out and help Habitat, learn new skills, and meet some amazing people.
Build Sites: 1624 and 1614 Myrtle Ave
We also need volunteers to provide breakfast and/or lunch for the volunteers as well as a photographer. Volunteer photographers are welcome to take photos any time during the workday (8:30AM - 4PM). Photographers typically take photos for about 30 minutes.
Sign up below.
When I signed up for a day with Habitat, I was checking off an item on my "Bucket List". Little did I know the adventure was just beginning. I am on my 8th day now and am loving it. I came to help build a house but after meeting the family at the site, I quickly realized we were building a home! Everyone is patient and you get on the job training for the daily assignments. I have decided that I really like working with power tools.
– Patti Kenehan, parishioner
TALENT: Building the house, no experience necessary!
- Join fellow parishioners and an experienced builder and put your hands to work
TIME: Support the build volunteers
- Help us feed the Resurrection crew throughout their build day
TREASURE: Support the ministry financially
- Being a build partner for a house requires a $10,000 sponsorship
- Help us make this a self-supporting ministry
The Habitat for Humanity ministry will build on the mission of the church by providing outreach and opportunity to those who need physical shelter. By doing so, our Parish works as a community of God her on earth by providing financial, physical, emotional, and prayerful support to many in need.
In this mission we will achieve the following:
- Strive to be primary sponsor on two houses a year- first starting in central Ohio and then exploring beyond our local community
- Involve as many Parishioners as possible in this meaningful, life altering work
- Use the many talents in our Parish to help us achieve the mission
- Bring the light of Christ into the presence of those whom we serve
- Build awareness in our Parish of the need for affordable housing and advocate for legislation that addresses this in conjunction with Habitat International.
- Families have to afford to pay mortgage
- Families must assist with build
- Families must attend Financial management classes
- Positive results in mid-Ohio with low foreclosure rate