Blood Drive Ministry - Red Cross Help
Currently, the Red Cross has put out an urgent need for blood.
The American Red Cross has an urgent need for blood and platelet donors of all blood types. Busy holiday schedules, winter weather and illness have led to a winter blood donation shortage that could affect patient care. Right now, blood and platelet donations are being distributed to hospitals as fast as they come in. Patients are counting us to help meet their needs.
Every donation and every effort counts.
WHY WE NEED YOUR HELP:
• The American Red Cross has issued an urgent call for blood and platelet donors to give now and help save lives.
• Blood and platelet donations are urgently needed in the coming days so that patients can continue to receive lifesaving treatments.
• The Red Cross must collect more than 13,000 blood and platelet donations every day for patients at about 2,600 hospitals and transfusion centers nationwide.
• Eligible blood and platelet donors of all types are urgently needed now. Donors with type O negative and B negative – in particular – are critically needed right now and are encouraged to give a Power Red donation, if available. o Power Red donors give a concentrated dose of red blood cells during a single donation, allowing them to maximize their impact.
• Remember: Donors can save time by using RapidPass to begin their health history. For more information, visit: redcrossblood.org/RapidPass.
Our ministry aims to assist the Red Cross to coordinate, delegate, promote and oversee all tasks involved with blood drive five times a year. We need both volunteers to assist with the blood drive event at the church and to encourage donors to give blood.
Why does Church of the Resurrection Host a Blood Drive?
- Support our community
- Energize our Parishioners by providing a convenient way to give back to the community
- Join a 125-year strong movement of service
- Enjoy a partnership with the Red Cross where everyone wins
- Save lives!!!
Why should you donate?
- You get free juice and delicious cookies.
- It's something you can spare – most people have blood to spare... yet, there is still not enough to go around.
- You will help ensure blood is on the shelf when needed – most people don't think they'll ever need blood, but many do.
- You will be someone's hero – in fact, you could help save more than one life with just one donation.
The American Red Cross has a severe winter blood shortage and is issuing an emergency call for blood and platelet donors to make a donation. Please consider scheduling an appointment and help save patient lives. To see our next scheduled drive and to sign up to donate blood, click the Red Cross Logo.