Blood Drive Ministry - Red Cross Help
- The American Red Cross is currently facing a severe blood shortage! You are desperately needed now, so blood can be available for patients during this critical time.
- Medical conditions and emergencies that require blood don't stop. Your generosity helps ensure blood is available to support patients' ongoing needs as well as unforeseen trauma situations.
- Blood donations are currently being distributed faster than they are coming in, but patients and their families are still counting on you.
- Please do your part to overcome this severe blood shortage and schedule your lifesaving appointment today!
Currently, the Red Cross has put out an urgent need for blood.
The American Red Cross has an urgent need for blood and platelet donors of all blood types.. Right now, blood and platelet donations are being distributed to hospitals as fast as they come in. Patients are counting us to help meet their needs.
Every donation and every effort counts.
WHY WE NEED YOUR HELP:
• The American Red Cross has issued an urgent call for blood and platelet donors to give now and help save lives.
• Blood and platelet donations are urgently needed in the coming days so that patients can continue to receive lifesaving treatments.
• The Red Cross must collect more than 13,000 blood and platelet donations every day for patients at about 2,600 hospitals and transfusion centers nationwide.
• Eligible blood and platelet donors of all types are urgently needed now. Donors with type O negative and B negative – in particular – are critically needed right now and are encouraged to give a Power Red donation, if available. o Power Red donors give a concentrated dose of red blood cells during a single donation, allowing them to maximize their impact.
• Remember: Donors can save time by using RapidPass to begin their health history. For more information, visit: redcrossblood.org/RapidPass.
Our ministry aims to assist the Red Cross to coordinate, delegate, promote and oversee all tasks involved with blood drive five times a year. We need both volunteers to assist with the blood drive event at the church and to encourage donors to give blood.
Why does Church of the Resurrection Host a Blood Drive?
- Support our community
- Energize our Parishioners by providing a convenient way to give back to the community
- Join a 125-year strong movement of service
- Enjoy a partnership with the Red Cross where everyone wins
- Save lives!!!
Why should you donate?
- You get free juice and delicious cookies.
- It's something you can spare – most people have blood to spare... yet, there is still not enough to go around.
- You will help ensure blood is on the shelf when needed – most people don't think they'll ever need blood, but many do.
- You will be someone's hero – in fact, you could help save more than one life with just one donation.